The COSBOA National Small Business Summit will be organised in accordance with local government and health and safety standards. The Association Specialists in conjunction with Council of Small Business Organisations Australia and the Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour, have developed a detailed set of enhanced measures to provide the highest levels of hygiene and safety at its events, providing everyone with reassurance and confidence they are participating in a safe and controlled environment.
When you join our event, you can expect to see that health and safety is a priority, and that a range of measures are in place to ensure everyone involved is able to enjoy a safe, hygienic, productive and high-quality organised event experience. The National Small Business Summit will be run according to official government and local authority guidance in the first instance, as well as any venue or location-specific regulations.
The safety of attendees onsite is extremely important, and the following strategies have been put in place for the event. Attendees who interfere with these strategies which impact the safety of attendees onsite will be asked to leave the event:
- Please stay home if you have cold or flu like symptoms
- Wash your hands regularly and cough or sneeze into your elbow. Hand sanitiser stations will be provided at the entrance to and throughout the venue.
- Please follow the instructions of event and venue staff at all times. Floor markings will ensure that there is no crowding in foyers and toilets and promote the practice of physical distancing in queue areas.
- Should you begin to experience COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell) onsite please inform a staff member at the registration desk immediately. The venue has a dedicated isolation space where attendees can wait to seek medical assistance.
- All attendees at the event will be required to check-in using the Service NSW App.
- Exhibitors are required to provide hand sanitiser at their stand and ensure this is replenished throughout the event. Exhibitors are also required to ensure that their stand, in particular all surfaces, are cleaned regularly and kept tidy throughout the event.
- Exhibitors should only engage in activities that allow attendees to physically distance. Demonstrations should be conducted in small groups according to distancing requirements at the time. Microphones will not be permitted at the stand.
- The venue will increase cleaning throughout the Conference & Event space for the duration of the Event with particular attention to high traffic areas and discrete areas such as bathrooms.
- All food items will be individually plated or served by a Sofitel team member.
- The venue will ensure all Sofitel staff have completed all necessary training as per current government guidelines
Click here to view the various cancellation scenarios to assist you with your planning in attending the event.